Sunday, September 25, 2005

A Closet Expose'

I have been "tagged" by my friend Tess, (http://archwords.blogspot.com/) in a practice I have never heard of before known as "meme" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme). From what I can gather, this is similar to some blogging rite of passage or world wide web tribal bonding experience or some such thing...At any rate, I am to write a witty and urbane, gritty and grueling expose of the contents of my closet and then tag three more blogging cohorts to do the same, thus spreading the joy and allowing more literary juveniles to cross over into puberty with us really real bloggers, so here goes...

Three Random Facts About My Closet:
1. It is entirely too small.
2. It's doors have not been closed since we moved in.
3. There is no sense of organization to it at all whatsoever.

Three Items I've Never Worn But Still Haven't Tossed:
1. The fuschia prom dress I bought at a vintage clothing store in 1994 and never finished modifying to fit my boobs.
2. The polyester jacket my MIL gave me that I'm too afraid she might actually expect to see me in one day.
3. The black turtleneck MIL gave me 3 Christmases ago.

Three Items I'll Never Get Rid Of, No Matter How Ugly They Get:
1. My favorite corset from Frederick's of Hollywood tho my post preggo body will NEVER fit in it again!!
2. Camel hair long coat my mom bought me in high school.
3. Vampire doll pictured on floor of closet in photo.

Three Items People Wouldn't Expect To Find In My Closet:
1. 5 Barbie Dolls in their boxes
2. Victorian wedding gown I dyed grey and wore 2 Halloweens in a row.
3. Real feather angel wings.

Three items that made me go, "Oh Lord, what was I thinking?":
I don't really have any of these...I threw away most of the "oh Goddess what was I thinking" stuff when we moved to this house.

Three things that I have a surprising number of:
1. Long skirts.
2. Halloween decorations.
3. T-Shirts with lots of holes in them.

Three dominant colors in my wardrobe:
Black, black, and black.

Three items that never fail to put me in a good mood whenever I wear them:
1. Any of my long black skirts.
2. My new purple poncho.
3. My new red silk skirt.

Three people I will tag:
I will tag Natalie (http://looseendsknotted.blogspot.com/) because I love her writing style and she always makes me laugh. I will also tag Smander for the same reasons. (http://mayfamilytreestump.blogspot.com/). Lastly, I will tag Celena, (http://blog.myspace.com/Celena) because I bet her closet is interesting and she's also witty and darn it I'm just greedy when it comes to humor...I like people who make me laugh..I eat it up like Ben and Jerry's Phish Food at PMS time!!

SO.....TAG, YOU'RE IT!!

1 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Tess said...

You have become a woman, my friend.

Your closet is MUCH more interesting than mine!

Tess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home